5 Fire Hazards Inside Your House That You Must be Aware of

5 Fire Hazards Inside Your House That You Must be Aware of

The Zebra recently did a detailed report on house fires in the U.S. From that report, it’s evident that a lot of these fires are related to cooking and electrical problems. However, these aren’t the only fire hazards.

In this article, we’ll look at a few fire hazards, including electrical problems and cooking-related fires, that you must be aware of.

Five Sneaky Fire Hazards Inside Your Home

#1 Clogged Dryer Vents

A clogged dryer vent can lead to a fire.
The dryer vent is the opening on the outside of your house that allows hot air from the dryer to escape. If it becomes clogged, the hot air cannot escape and will build up in the dryer exhaust pipe. This can cause a fire in your home if:

1.The exhaust pipe becomes damaged or breaks loose from its connection to the outside vent..

2.The exhaust pipe becomes blocked by lint, which is made up of fabric fibers and dust particles that collect inside the dryer’s vent system during each load of laundry.

3.The pressure inside your dryer increases because there’s nowhere else for excess heat and moisture to go, so it builds up instead.

Hire the best cleaning services you can find who can work on these clogged vents and ducts efficiently and make them less hazardous. You can find these services locally and don’t have to call companies out of your city or state.

For instance, if you’re in NYC, you don’t need to hire a company operating outside of the state. You can simply look around and find yourself the best company offering dryer vent cleaning in NYC.

If you’re looking for professional duct cleaning services in New York, a company like BestCleaning4U is the right fit. They have a history of helping clients with a diverse set of needs, from dryer vent cleaning and bird’s nest removal to bird guard installation. Their experienced technicians are known to prioritize customer satisfaction and happiness.

#2 Phone Chargers, Batteries, and Power Banks

Recently, The Mirror reported how panic ensued on a passenger plane in Taiwan as a small fire broke out from a power bank. This incident has once again sparked a debate regarding the safety of such small power devices when it comes to fire hazards.

The majority of phone chargers and power banks are made of lithium-ion batteries.

These batteries can overheat and catch fire if they are exposed to temperatures above 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54 degrees Celsius). If you leave your phone charging or a power bank plugged in after it has fully charged, the battery can overheat and catch fire.

In addition to phone chargers and  power banks, many other common household items contain lithium-ion batteries. These include cameras, laptops, cell phones, tablets, toys, e-cigarettes, hoverboards, and more.

Avoid leaving these items on an elevated surface where they could heat up due to sunlight exposure or become too close to a heat source like a fireplace or space heater.

Make sure you don’t leave any type of charger plugged into the wall for an extended period.

If you want to charge multiple devices at once, be sure that each one has its own charging cord so that you don’t overload one outlet with too much current flow or voltage pressure. This could also cause overheating issues down the road.

#3 Faulty Wiring

Fire hazards inside your house can be caused by faulty wiring. When you are remodeling or redecorating, it is important to make sure that your electrical system is up to code and working properly.

All of the wires in your home should be labeled so that you know what each one does. If you find any wires that are not labeled, you need to have them fixed as soon as possible.

You should also make sure that there are no exposed wires in your walls or ceilings. If there are any exposed wires, you should get them repaired immediately so that they are safe for use again.

#4 Exposed Cooking Oil and Other Flammable Liquids

Cooking oil is one of the most common causes of house fires. It’s important to keep your cooking oil in a safe place away from the stove. Make sure it’s stored in a container with a tight-fitting lid, and always be careful when pouring out excess oil.

Other flammable liquids are also dangerous around the house. Keep all flammable liquids in their original containers, and make sure they’re stored away from the stove. If you have a fire extinguisher in your home, make sure it’s easy to find and use.

#5 Fireplaces

Fireplaces are a great way to add a little warmth and ambiance to your home, but they can be dangerous.

First of all, make sure that your fireplace is properly ventilated. This will help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and reduce the risk of fire.

Second, make sure that you keep matches and lighters away from children. Third, do not use candles near the fireplace or near any other open flame. Fourth, follow all instructions when using an electric fireplace. Finally, never leave a fire unattended.

According to wsws.org, over 2,263 people in the U.S. died in home fires in 2022.

Most of these incidents could’ve been prevented, and many of them took place because of the hazards discussed above. Thus, beware of these fire hazards and make sure you know how to avoid them as much as possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *