Singapore is known for its cleanliness and green spaces. The perfectly paved roads and manicured public areas are awe-inspiring. Singaporeans’ pursuit of cleanliness is not limited to public places; they also strive to keep their homes clean.
Singaporeans understand the profound impact of clean living spaces on their family’s mental and physical well-being. Removing dust, allergens, and bacteria from the living space prevents respiratory issues.
Moreover, a clean and clutter-free house also reduces the risk of mishaps such as falls and slips and instills some peace of mind. By living in an organized and clutter-free space, they can promote efficiency and productivity by allowing themselves to concentrate on their tasks.
While Singaporeans use sophisticated technology for cleaning their apartments, they also use age-old techniques to maintain spotless apartments.
List Of Cleaning Tips To Clean Your Living Space In Singapore.
Keep your bathroom dry
Keeping your bathroom dry is the first step toward keeping it clean and fit for use. You can keep the bathroom dry by running the exhaust fan during and after the showers to prevent water from condensing on the surface and lingering in the air.
Wiping down the surfaces, such as the sink, floor, walls, and fixtures, will also remove any lingering humidity. In addition, keeping the windows open for the fresh air to circulate through the bathroom also keeps it dry.
Some advantages of keeping your bathroom dry are the following:
The humid environment in Singapore is conducive to mold and mildew growth. Keeping your bathroom dry minimizes the chances of mold and mildew growth.
However, if you encounter mold and mildew problems in your apartment, despite your efforts, look for reliable service providers by searching for mold removal Singapore online.
Water standing in the bathroom can leave stains on the tiles, walls, and grout lines. Keeping the bathroom dry can prevent it from attaining these unsightly stains.
Water left standing in the bathroom can mix with soap residue if not removed after showering, creating soap scum. This makes a stubborn film on the bathroom surface which is extremely challenging to clean.
Wiping water after showering prevent this layer of soap scum from ruining the shine and beauty of your bathroom while making cleaning manageable and more effective.
Stagnant water and persistent moisture in the air are a perfect recipe for unpleasant odors in the bathroom. On the contrary, a dry bathroom smells clean and fresh.
Deep-clean the bathroom at least once a week
While everyday bathroom cleaning involves quickly scrubbing the bowl, toilet, and floor, deep cleaning requires extra effort. Deep cleaning your bathroom once a week is essential to keep it in mint condition.
Deeply cleaning the bathroom entails scrubbing the grout, and walls, removing stains on the sink and fixtures, and disinfecting the surfaces.
Use castile soap and water solution by combining three parts of water and one portion of castile soap in a spray bottle. Use this solution to disinfect the various surfaces, such as tiles and toilet bowl in the bathroom. Put. Let it rest for 10 minutes to disinfect the surfaces before scrubbing it off with water and a cleaning brush.
For cleaning fixtures, make a paste of vinegar (two parts) and baking soda (one part) and apply it on the taps, shower, and accessories. Pay attention to visible stains around the fixtures, along the cracks, and between tiles.
Leave the paste on the affected area for some time to let it break down the dirt and stains before scrubbing the surfaces with a sponge and an old toothbrush. Rinse thoroughly with water.
When using various cleaning agents, wear safety gloves and a mask to protect yourself from unpleasant smells and chemicals.
Don’t overlook your oven and fridge
Ovens and fridges are everyday use items; therefore, they accumulate a lot of waste, grime, dust and odor. Unfortunately, they are often overlooked when cleaning the rest of the house. While in fact, keeping the oven and fridge clean ensures that your food stays in a hygienic and clean environment.
Cleaning the fridge and oven might look burdensome; however, it becomes more manageable when done every day. Here are some tips for cleaning them.
- Wipe away the spills and splatters after every use to prevent them from becoming baked-on and stubborn.
- Make it a habit to use non-stick oven liners or aluminum foil at the base of your oven to catch spills, crumbs, and food juices. Cleaning these liners is much easier than the floor of the oven.
- Clean the oven using natural and homemade cleaning products, which are non-toxic yet effective, ensuring increased useful life of your oven.
- Don’t overlook racks and accessories when cleaning the oven; clean them separately. Soak them in warm water and a dishwashing solution for 10 minutes before scrubbing off grease and grime with a sponge.
- Regularly check the contents in the fridge, and remove the expired and spoiled food to prevent unpleasant odors and potentially contaminating other foods.
- Clean the spills and leaks immediately — the longer they stay in the fridge, the more sticky they become.
- Regularly remove unnecessary items from the shelves and drawers. Wash the shelves, racks, and drawers with water and soap to keep your fridge clean and hygienic.
- To prevent your fridge from retaining foul smells, keep baking soda in an open container; baking soda is known for absorbing odors.
Clean your mattress
Your mattress attracts a lot of dust and allergens, which can impact your health. The climate of Singapore also makes you perspire in bed, causing the mattress to retain moisture and support mold growth.
Keeping your mattress clean is one of the ways to ensure a clean and healthy living environment in your Singaporean apartment.
There are numerous ways to ensure your mattress stays clean; some of those ways are the following:
- Remove the bedding, including pillowcases, sheets, comforters, and mattress protectors, for regular washing. Launder each item separately according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a vacuum or upholstery cleaner to eliminate dust and allergens from your mattress. Ensure your vacuum is integrated with a HEPA filter for more effective cleaning.
- If the mattress smells, sprinkle baking soda to remove foul odors and freshen it up.
- To remove stains from the mattress, spot-clean them using a mattress cleaner or a mixture of mild detergent and water.
- If your mattress is flippable, change the side of the mattress to ensure even wear and tear.
- Change the sheets once a week to ensure a clean sleeping environment.
- If the mattress requires deep cleaning, which cannot be done at home, send it to professional cleaners for cleaning and sanitizing.
Keeping your house clean ensures a healthy and happy living environment. With the country’s emphasis on cleanliness, Singaporeans take pride in keeping their homes and apartments clean.
However, there is always room for improvement. By participating in community hygiene initiatives and cleaning overlooked areas such as ovens and fridges, they can maintain the highest cleanliness standards in their apartments.